Mark Dolejs-USA TODAY Sports
- Looks like Ryan Kelly is targeting Duke's senior night to return from a foot injury. Stay tuned.
- Devil Report says that Duke's postseason ceiling is hard to figure at this point.
- Rasheed Suilamon unsurprisingly wins ACC Rookie of the Week again, probably on the way to a landslide victory in the Freshman of the Year award.
- #5-ranked Duke women's basketball secured another ACC title over the weekend after beating #8 Maryland.
- DSB looks at the Devils' ACC Football Schedule next year, which includes two repeats of this year's road trips to Blacksburg and Winston Salem.
- Barry Jacobs at DBR looks at 3-point scoring in the ACC since the league expanded. You get a great sense for how consistently good Duke has been from the perimeter, as well as how much of an outlier this UNC season is.
- ACC Football schedules were released yesterday. Here's Tar Heel Monthly's take as well as one from Tar Heel Blog.
- Robbi Pickeral's notes from Roy Williams' Monday press conference include a look at Carolina's small lineup at home vs on the road.
- Thad Williamson hands out the Tar Heel Oscars for basketball performances this season.
- Greg Barnes of IC talks about Roy's "Statement Substitution" in the second half of the State game Saturday.
- Adam Lucas at GoHeels notes how seriously Roy seems to take the State game, something that filtered down into his players' intensity.
- AD Bubba Cunningham tells the N&O that they may be interested in renovating the Smith Center, probably to add luxury suites and the like. Tar Heel Blog notes the timeline of other factors (including Roy possibly stepping down in the next decade or so) means Carolina could try to do this sooner rather than later.
- Both Carolina and Duke remain ranked in College Crosse's latest poll, though the Devils took a bit of a hit.
- The National Football Post said RB Gio Bernard really shined at the combine this weekend.
And now for something completely different:
Red River Rivalry, you have our respect over here on Tobacco Road. That's because even something as totally unrelated as the Oscars can produce a golden moment like this: