Everybody’s linking for the weekend! Before we get into what tomorrow night’s game means for each team, lets give you a little reading from around the blogosphere.
- Tar Heel Fan picks up on some interesting activity that’s been going on with Ed Davis’ Twitter feed recently. Seems like the kid is gone, in which case the question becomes: is UNC actually better off without him?
- John Henson speculates that the Heels’ recent upswing is a result of their improved chemistry issues. If only chemistry solved turnover problems, they’d really be in business.
- HeelsGeek runs the numbers with some interesting observations about “luck” and - surprise! - Carolina hasn’t had much of it this year.
- If UNC does in fact accept an NIT bid and are able to host a game at home, it may have to be in Carmichael Auditorium because of pre-planned renovations to the Dean Dome. Would be kind of an awesome throwback to the days of Jordan and Worthy, not to mention the fact that that place gets very, very loud and hot when packed.
- Roy Williams continues to insist the dizzy spells he occasionally experiences on the sidelines are not a big deal. Maybe he should have taken a cue from Coack K in 95 and just used it as an excuse to take a year off once he realized his team wasn’t very good. (Obligatory pre-rivalry-game zing!)
- The Dagger argues that Greivis Vasquez separated himself from Jon Scheyer as ACC POY during the game’s most important 10-second stretch.
- Former Devil Gerald Henderson apparently bested his team’s new owner, former Tar Heel Michael Jordan, in two consecutive games of HORSE. Um, is he sure that’s a good idea? Pretty sure he gets traded for a fresh box of Cuban cigars before the season is out.
- Order of the Court has a nice remembrance of the infamous “stall game” between Duke and UNC in 1979. All I can say is: praise the Lord for the shot clock. I can’t imagine sitting through that as a fan.
Have a great weekend everyone - and remember: choose your allegiance wisely.