As morning breaks and our readers reach for their first cup of coffee held in respective team-affiliated mugs, we take a look at just a few of the endless bounty of Duke-UNC related tidbits from around the web:
- The Fayetteville Observer’s Dan Widerer puts together a nice Q&A with Harrison Barnes. I especially enjoyed the insight into Carolina’s summer pickup games.
- The Duke Chronicle details some history between Tyler Thornton and Kendall Marshall. Interesting that Thornton may already know some of Marshall’s tendencies, and K wants him to use that in full-court pressure tonight.
- Duke Basketball Report has their scouting report for UNC.
- UNC probably won’t be getting point guard help next year from Class of 2012 commit Marcus Paige, who some hoped would early enroll, but it certainly doesn’t look likely at this point.
- Blue Devil Nation has some game notes for tonight’s matchup with some interesting facts and figures.
- The New York Times’ Pete Thamel makes the case that a lack of star power, including Duke losing Kyrie Irving to a toe injury, has led to a wide-open field in college basketball this year.
- SI’s Luke Winn takes a look at the offensive progress of some of the country’s most notable freshmen. Not surprisingly, Harrison Barnes appears to be trending upwards.
- Finally, in NBA news: The Atlanta Hawks lost by 30 at home last night to the lowly 76ers in what I’m choosing to interpret as karmic payback against Larry Drew, Sr.
If anyone finds any other articles worthy of note, send them to us at email@example.com on twitter at @bluevsblue and we’ll continue to post them here throughout the day. Happy Rivalry day, everyone!