A few items for you to read while you’re preparing your day for some WINNING!! (I promise the Charlie Sheen references will stop soon. Just not quite yet.)
- Tar Heel Fan has a few videos to get your blood pumping before tonight’s matchup.
- Carolina added another big name to their 2012 signing class in the form of athletic swingman (surprise!) JP Tokoto. Inside Carolina has a full write-up on the kid, and Dan Wiederer of the Fayetteville Observer did a nice piece on Tokoto and his relationship with Roy Williams.
- Harrison Barnes has officially arrived, as evidenced by the fact that he has an entire tumblr dedicated to his various nicknames and memes. Or, you know, the fact that he’s hitting game winners and generally playing great in the clutch for UNC.
- Tar Heel Fan has a few interesting thoughts on perspective when it comes to COY voting: “UNC has played eight games against the top six in the ACC with a game versus Duke left. They are 7-1. Duke’s record versus the same group? 3-2. The Devils are 10-0 versus the bottom six whereas UNC is 6-1. UNC has four more wins than Duke over the top six in the league, three of them coming on the road and while FSU did not have Singleton, UNC is the only ACC team this season to leave Tallahassee as a win.”
- The N&O takes a look at the head-to-head matchups and finds each team has 3 advantages.
- Jay Bilas gives the game a full breakdown for ESPN, saying the key will be rebounding and transition points (isn’t that true of pretty much 90% of college matchups though?)
- Joe Lunardi’s current bracketology has Duke pegged as the #1 seed in the West, and UNC as the #3 in the East (both playing their opening weekends in Charlotte, which would be great), but obviously how the next week shakes out will determine a lot of how the NCAA sees these two teams and where to seed them for the NCAAs.
- Speaking of March Madness, get ready to hear the Kings of Leon song “The Immortals” a thousand times over the next month, as CBS has selected it as as the unnoficial theme of their NCAA coverage.
Just a reminder what they’re playing for tonight: The regular-season ACC title, a #1 seed in the ACC tournament, possible favor with a few recruits, and all kinds of bragging rights. Here we go!